Friday, October 1, 2010

"My heart is Yours.
It's You that I hold on to."

You know, Jesus is good. He gave me something today, a little treasure, an answered prayer:
  "The Spirit helps us in our weakness. For we do not know what to pray as we should,
    but the Spirit Himself intercedes for us with groanings too deep for words. And 
    He who searches hearts knows what is the mind of the Spirit, because the Spirit 
    intercedes for the saints according to the will of God. And we know that for those 
    that love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according 
    to His purpose." Romans 8:26-28


This was exactly what I needed to hear. I mean, let's be honest, I'm a human being. I have my own desires and dreams and wants... And I want them very badly. A lot of times, I don't see how they could work out, or if God even wants them to be fulfilled, so I always beg God to just hear my heart, or to change my mind or desires, etc. This was so good to hear, because I had just gotten done telling Him that it was His. Every part. And I hold  my life before Him with open hands. My heart is His. I am clinging to Him and His will. Because I know that anything less won't be enough. Jesus is enough for me. I confess it. I want it to be true of my life. I believe He truly gave this verse to me, it gives me comfort to know that Jesus is not only praying... but groaning on my behalf. Praying that God's will would be done in my life. I am asking the same things. After that, it says that for those that love the Lord, He's working things out for their good. Ultimately. Even if it doesn't seem like it to these human eyes. 
He is working things out for my good. 
So whether that means that I will receive all that I desire or if God's will is not at all what I desire now... it will be wonderful. It will be good because it is His will.

Lord, teach me to love you more. 


I know that His will is perfect and flawless. 
Make my heart crave the things that you are about, draw my heart from worldly things.

No comments:

Post a Comment