Sunday, May 1, 2011

hello world!

it's been way too long. sorry!

ywam is still great! i'm loving this sweet time & learning too much to type out.
last week was about prayer & hearing God's voice. WHEW! it was definitely the best week so far.
God really exposed a lot of things I falsely believed about him.
i think just based on past experiences and just LIFE, for some reason i'd come to think that yes, God wants to use me, and I am so happy/willing to do that. I want to be used by God, my whole life is His, and I've gotten to this point. But for some reason deep down i believed that yes, he wanted to use me, but that it's really hard to know Him & that He was keeping Himself as a mystery & didn't really want me to know Him. this week i've come to know that that ISN'T TRUE. i'm really happy about that, because i REALLY want to know Him more. He is an approachable God that is totally crazy, kooky, out of controllably in love with me & desires to reveal Himself to me. that's mind-boggling & so incredibly amazing! i'm so grateful for a God like that, that just can't stand to not love me.
whew!!! He is so good, yall.

yesterday i volunteered to work on a ranch for a YWAMer who can't afford to pay for his baby's delivery with a missionary budget, so the doctor said he could work it off on his ranch. so a few of us DTSers went there yesterday morning and worked for this guy. it was a lot of fun!!

last night we watched Princess Bride at this nice family's house. all 23 of us crammed in their house- it was so much fun! the movie was interactive, too... they threw appropriate candy & had little games for us all throughout the movie.

many other events have happened since my last post, like dodgeball, easter at freshlife church, book release party for our speaker's brand new book (click here), royal wedding, music track, etc. :)

we leave on may 6 for Seattle (mini outreach). i don't know what we will be doing, but i am very excited & can't wait for a roadtrip. ready to see Seattle & find out what we will be doing there. be praying!

love you all!

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear about your life chica! Seattle sounds way fun! Love love love you and am praying for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that you shared about your understandings. It's encouraging to know it's not just me who discovers the more I know Him.. the more I realize how much more there is to know.

    Love you girl.

    ReplyDelete