Sunday, February 27, 2011

27 february 2011

hello there!
sorry i've been MIA the past week or so.

friday was Music for the Mission, a fundraiser show that my friends & i planned. wow! still in awe about how awesome the whole thing turned out! a beautiful, perfect night with amazing people, food, music, worship.  plus! i raised nearly $1500 for YWAM! I'm just a few hundred away! God is SO FAITHFUL. he is teaching me soooo much right now. through all of this.


beautiful night! god surely blessed it.


gave my 2 weeks notice today! yep! crazy. i nearly had an anxiety attack, but i did it. & i feel good about it now. :)

jesus is good. so grateful for redemption today.
he is so evidentely real. so good. so true. so faithful to every promise. so jealous of my attention.
praise him- he is certainly good.
i am the prodigal. gomer. rich young ruler. the fisherman. the woman at the well.
he is the father. hosea. my teacher. my rabbi. my jesus.
mmm.

lately, this whole surrender thing has really been a trip! so many verses have been steeping in my mind & heart.
"I count everything as loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Chris Jesus my Lord..." 
"For to me, to live is Christ, to die is gain." 
"For I am crucified with Christ, I no longer live, but Christ lives in me." 
"He must become greater, I must become less & less"
"If anyone wants to be my disciple he must deny himself, take up his cross & follow me" 
"For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also..."
sometimes following Jesus isn't easy! but. i can say from firsthand experience that it is WORTH IT. HE is worth it. He somehow, miraculously gives us the strength.

psalm 145.

1 comment:

  1. "sometimes following Jesus isn't easy! but. i can say from firsthand experience that it is WORTH IT. HE is worth it. He somehow, miraculously gives us the strength"

    this is so true! Sometimes we are unsure of what we are doing, but we remember that we are doing it for Him and that it will be good.

    So glad we found your blog, your sorry is an inspiration to us.

    ReplyDelete